Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lets go skating! And a Christmas tree for Allie's room!

We got a tree for Allie Kate's room and decorated it and this is how it turned out (after mysteriously falling over about 8 times) :) Oh and did I mention that I hand painted one by one with fingernail polish each tiny light?? Only to find out they sell pink lights by the strand for about 5 bucks!






So we went to the skating rink for Jake's 9th Birthday...it was a lot of fun and I was excited to get Allie Kate a tiny little pair of skates :) She wears a size 5 shoe and the smallest size they have is a 7 but she wanted to skate so we make them work! I know, I know what 2 year old needs skates? But she looked so cute, even if it did take her 20 minutes to make it halfway around the rink (the only time she actually skated) all while I am hunched over holding her by both hands to make sure she didn't fall :)


Skating with all the kids!



One of Allie Kate's favorite girls "Ally Jay" trying to show her how to skate :)






She was adorable and had fun for that 1/2 lap around but then she wanted down to dance to the music. I skated holding her a few laps (do not recommend it is very hard to keep your balance). She had fun at her first visit to the skating rink!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment