Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend!!

We had a great Easter :) We woke up and saw what the Easter bunny had left Allie Kate (A TON of stuff)! She got a beach pail with her name on it, sweet tart suckers (her fav), 3 pairs of shoes, all sorts of little toys, a windmill to put out by her new swing set, a new sippy cup with her name on it (she loved it so much I had to wash it and take it to church with us) and she also got her very own potty!!



We went to church together (9:15 service) and Allie Kate sat through almost the entire service!! She was SOOO good I was very thankful because we have taken her a few times and it just didn't work out! I did end up having to get up and take her out of the service (not because she was upset but because she kept talking and laughing...hmmm I may be getting what I deserve right there) but that was at the very end. We went back to our house and put Allie down for a short nap while I made corn casserole and then headed down to my mom's house to eat with the family and hunt eggs!





She had to go tell Bella Happy Easter!

Allie had fun hunting eggs...they had tons of eggs on the ground in the front yard just for her to pick up and she would go over to each egg and pick it up and open every egg and say "tandies" (candies) followed by a "mmmmmm." The girl loves candy (especially green peppermints like her mommy). She had a lot of fun :)



waiting on the eggs to be hidden...she was ready!!



And this is what she did when I wanted a picture with her!


We also went to Nan and Pop's for dinner and Allie Kate hunted eggs a few more times....



And then I put all the eggs out in the front yard and said "Allie, help momma get all the eggs and put them in your basket" and she looked at me and just turned around and walked off! I think she got tired of it, she probably thought "what's the point you're just gonna make me do again!"


Later that night she wanted to sit on her potty before she got in the bathtub and I just sat her there while I ran her bath water and the next thing I know she had tee-tee'd in it! I was so shocked...and very proud...and so was she :)

I had just bought the potty for her to get used to the idea of someday she will use it...my plan was not to potty train her right now! So I am just going to go really slow with this, I don't want to push her too hard...but she LOVES her potty and wants to sit on it :)

This is her sitting on it after we got home from church :)
We had a great Easter and are so thankful for our family and the true reason for Easter...He lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment