Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The rest of the school week

Allie Kate will be going 3 days a week to 3k this year on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :) Tuesday morning I woke her up for school same way (except 2nd day of school, 2nd day of school) she got ready so sweet and never said a word about not wanting to go until we got in the car and then she started to get scared and said she didn't want to go and kept asking me why she had to go :( Bless her bones! She did okay when I dropped her off, worse than the first day but not terrible...I was down in the floor and she hugged me and would not let go and started to cry (not like a loud cry but a little pitiful cry...which is even worse) and then she said "Momma!!!" when the teacher pried her off of me, talk about a knife to the heart!



When I picked her up she said she had so much fun and told the lady putting her in the car that she was coming back the next day because she had so much fun! We went and got ice cream after I picked her up :)



Today (her third and last day this week of school) she told me all morning that she didn't want to go to school and kept saying "If I don't want to go then I don't have to go" I think she thought I may give in and not make her go if she begged enough :( Wednesdays they have chapel and do little fun stuff so I knew she was going to have fun once she got there and I think that is why I haven't gotten upset or cried. I know she is having a good time once I leave and I know she needs time to gain her own independence and learn and make friends :) When I picked her up she said she had so much fun and loved chapel! I have to dig information out of her, she won't tell me a lot for some reason and some of the stuff she tells me I know isn't true...silly girl likes to make things up!



She told me while we were in bed singing our songs that "Momma I picked out some rocks for you on the playground today, but my teacher wouldn't let me bring them in. And it made me so sad because I knew my momma would really like that rock" I about cried when she told me that for some reason! I already feel like I am missing some of her little life :( I am normally with her 24/7 and I know what she is doing all the time so it's weird to hear about things she does, and even weirder to think about the things she won't tell me about and I have to imagine in my head!


I am very proud of my sweet girl and I hope next week goes a little smoother...maybe she will just skip right in the classroom ready to learn...or maybe not, but either way I am proud! I know it's scary for her, we have always been together and I think that is the part that bothers her! She will tell me "Momma you stay in the car line the whole time I'm at school and wait on me," so I think it's the fact that I am leaving her that bothers her :( And I am not too crazy about the idea either but I want her to learn and socialize and I know it's going to be great for her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment