Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas time is here...favorite time of year :)

We had a very "Christmassy" week last week :) Me and Allie went to a gingerbread making party on Sunday with friends and it was so fun :) And our house was the best ;)
On the way to the party Allie Kate fell asleep and it was only about 15 minutes away...I should have known then that she was getting sick :(







Cousin love :)

Allie Kate had such a good time running around with the other little girls :) (That is after she acted like she was SO shy when we first got there)


Little Libby just thinks she is one of the big girls :)









Look who is starting to be nicer to her sister! Still not besties just yet, but I'll take improvement :)

We also had choir for Allie Kate where she got to sing in front of the church :) It was so cute! She did really good! She knew every word...I was pretty impressed! But she did not feel good at all while she was up there and she had been sneezing and coughing some earlier in the day but that is when I noticed she was really sick :(



I decided that we (my family of 4) should have our own little reenactment of the Christmas story :)
Allow me to introduce: 
Joseph

Mary

Angel of the Lord (and a crazy baby Jesus trying to escape)



And baby Jesus! I am pretty sure she thought we were absolutely nuts!


Heath and Allie Kate put our Christmas lights up on the outside of our house finally...it has rained everytime they tried!

Ava pretty much sat at the glass front door and beat on it and yelled the entire time :)

We had dance:

I mean come on...how stinking cute is she?




We also had Ava's one year appointment (with 5 shots)and Allie's sick visit. Ava weighed 18 pounds 10 oz and was 28 and 5/8 inches long :) She is actually smaller than Allie at this age and that blows my mind because Ava can put down some food! Just this morning she ate 4 mini waffles, two bowls of cereal, an entire granola bar, and 4 crackers for BREAKFAST! Girl LOVES food! And I don't just cram her full of food (that kind of made me look bad! haha) She BEGS for it!


 I feel like we have been quarantined for the past few days! We had so many things planned (Christmas parties and play dates) and Allie Kate started coughing on Tuesday and by Wednesday night I knew she was pretty sick and since Ava was going for her 1 year visit it worked out perfect for Allie to tag along :) She ended up having Mycoplasma (walking pneumonia) and needed antibiotics. So we were supposed to stay inside and away from people....

So we wrapped LOTS of presents...and when I say "We" I mean WE! They both "helped" :)
Ava tried to rip every single one open while I was wrapping and after and Allie kept bringing me random junk to wrap for people...so I did! haha Oh the gifts under my tree! I'm not even kidding either...I don't remember exactly what all we wrapped exactly but I do remember wrapping plastic food for Nana and a baby blanket for Heath :) Surprise!!! (And yes they really will be getting these gifts! haha)
I even got one under the tree :) I told her what letters to write and she was so proud! So what if it's in an old wet wipe box...it's the thought that counts! She was so sweet picking out what went in my present...she must have changed her mind a thousand times :) I am not supposed to know what is in it until Christmas but she kept telling me "I am going to pick the most special thing mommy because I love you so much" and "you are going to love what I got you" and to be honest it is my favorite present under the tree :) I have showed everyone that has come to my house! If you would have told me 4 years ago I would have an old wet wipe box under my tree in the middle of all my nice wrapped gifts I would have cringed...but I LOVE it :)

And I had to sneak and look what was in there that was so special :)

We made puff snow paint (about 4 times) and painted snow men and Christmas trees 

And watched lots of movies and played :)


And now this little beauty has started coughing  :( Hopefully it isn't the same thing!

I had lots of time with this little booger since Allie was sick and laying around and sleeping a lot :) 

Ava:
Allie at the same age in the same shirt:
Only real difference is the blue eyes!

I love looking at pictures of them around the same age...I'm weird...or obsessed :)
This is Allie Kate about the same age 


this looks so much like Ava to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment