Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remebering 9/11...10 years later

I was in the 10th grade on 9/11/2001 which means I was 15 years old. I remember I was late for school on this day and as I walked fast through the hallway worried about getting another tardy I heard our principal, Dr.Vacca, come over the intercom and ask for us to pray. I immediatley thought that someone from our school must have died and hurried into my classroom. I was on my way to Mrs.Miller's math class and was shocked when I walked in and the tv was on in the classroom, which never happened and even if it did this was not the class. Mrs Miller was a hard core teacher and had no time for tv. I had never heard of the twin towers but felt the panic that everyone was feeling, wondering what was going on. We were watching the footage of the first plane hitting the north tower and watched as another plane struck the other tower on live television. We didn't really have school that day, it was more everyone watching what was happening and praying that it would be over soon. I remember on live tv watching people jump out of windows from the top of the building jumping to their death. We watched as the towers one by one collapsed and heard of other planes that were coming and no one really knew what was going on. I was young and really didn't have the concept of what was truely going on, and I wish I could remember in better detail because that was history I witnessed that day. I will be able to tell my sweet Allie Kate where I was and describe feelings that I felt and the people around me felt when she is learning about it in her history class. As I watch the recaps of that day I see how truely heroic people can be. Nearly 3,000 people lost their lives that day and I know I will never forget that day!!! God bless America!

I love that they kept the footprints of the original buildings as memorial fountains and made something beautiful where there will always be sadness!

No comments:

Post a Comment