Thursday, September 13, 2012

terrible 2's? and 4d ultrasound

So Allie Kate will be 3 the end of October and up until a few months ago I would have sworn people were exaggerating when they talked about the "terrible two's." She is normally a very sweet little girl until nap time or bed time or the occasional shouting of "no" or "shut up" but nap time and bed time is just about to send this pregnant momma over the edge...it's only for me, she goes to sleep perfect for my mom and my mother in law...just me she pitches the BIGGEST fit! She kicks and screams and goes crazy, throws everything out of her bed and stands up and uncovers herself and screams more for me to cover her up! I have tried everything spanking, being sweet and doing what she asks (getting her water, taking her potty, covering her up 14000 times, holding her, loving on her...this seems to be the worst of all when I do what she asks because it just drags the process on and on and on for and hour or so), you name it I have tried it...nothing works and usually I end up in tears and being so mad at myself for not staying calm. Hopefully this stage will end soon because I DREAD anything to do with sleep now! I went to pick her up from Sunday school this past Sunday and her teacher told me that she had to be in time out because she had pulled a little girls hair and it absolutely crushed me because the teacher also told me that she thought she may be acting out because I am pregnant...I literally cried ALL day Sunday off and on over that! I love my sweet girl more than anything in this universe and to think that I caused her to feel insecure or am causing her to "act out" breaks my heart into pieces :( I'm not trying to complain...I love my life and I love my baby so much it hurts but we have just hit this little rough patch and I am so ready for it to be over and I can't help but wonder if it is my fault because she doesn't act like that to her grandmothers on the days they keep her!

*UPDATE: After a LONG month or so of fits and tears at nap and bedtime I FINALLY figured out what the problem was...One night at 2am I took the sheet off her bed because it was just come apart after come apart about that darn sheet getting messed up around her feet and she would yell for me to cover her up and get SO frustrated and throw everything out of her bed and just completely melt down...and lets just say problem solved! That darn sheet has not gone back on since and now looking back that was what would happen she would get so mad and then want me to "cover her up" and she would kick and scream and freak out and I just thought she was being terrible but truth is it was driving her crazy getting tangled around her legs! So I can proudly say nap and bedtime are back to normal or even better :) Thank the Lord...I thought I was going to lose my mind a few times!

Okay enough venting about hissy fits (both mine and Allie Kate's)...what has been going on in the crazy Vaughn house...
I have been working on my girls wardrobes :)

And eating A LOT :) 28 weeks (currently 29 weeks)

Allie Kate likes to pretend she is a baby now (she wants me to rock her in Ava Grace's glider and feed her a bottle and pretend she is a baby) and she found this passy that goes to her my little pony when we were cleaning out for the yard sale and was obsessed with it (it has since "disappeared") and it makes me very nervous to get Ava Grace any passys because I think Allie might have a nervous breakdown :(

Still sick...9 days on antibiotics and I am STILL not over this junk...this is my sweet girl at the Dr. with her mommy


We had our 2nd dance class and there were no mommy's aloud in the room...I sat against the wall for a minute and then snuck out, she didn't want me to leave but as I suspected was fine after I left! So proud of this girl :) I went back in the get her at the end and she was the last little girl left in the dance studio with Mrs.Beverly helping her pick up suckers that she had dropped on the floor :)




Just hanging out eating a happy meal and on our way to the park :)
 
We are also leaving for the beach this weekend for the week so we have been packing and trying to get all our errands ran before we leave!
 
We also had our 4d ultrasound done today of baby Ava Grace :) the pictures didn't really turn out great and I definitely don't think it was worth the $150 but all we really needed to see was that it was for sure 100% a baby girl :) And we got our confirmation and got to see her face (not very clearly) and I think she is going to look like her big sister...which makes me very happy because she just happens to be the most beautiful little girl I know!!





Little foot :)
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment