Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sleep...please!!!

So today Allie Kate decided that sleep was no longer on her list of priorities! Which also means that I did not get a shower until 2pm ha! Today was not an exciting day...same old same old routine (well minus the naps). My sweet child makes everyday special to me though! Allie Kate has probably only given me a kiss 3 or 4 times and it is always on her terms and when I least expect it! BUT today I finally figured out how to get the sweet slobery kisses I have been wanting so badly...I simply say "Don't you dare give mommy a kissy" and she makes a bee-line towards me with her mouth wide open smiling and laughing! I mean reverse psychology on a one year old sounds kinda crazy right? I'll take what I can get :) This is Allie Kate in the bath tub today...


She normally gets two a day, one after lunch and the other before bedtime. She LOVES LOVES LOVES the bath tub! I bathed her in a little bath tub that fit on the sink (yes, the kind for new borns ha!) until she was around one and then I moved her to the big girl tub. At first she was afraid of the big girl tub so I had to get in there with her every time I bathed her, and sometimes I still do just because I love baths and I love my sweet girl! What mom doesn't? I do however wear a tank top and panties when I get in the tub with her.


She loves to talk to the baby in the silver "thing" on the bath tub...I don't know what it is for or what it is called ha! Maybe the people who make tubs just put it there so sweet little babies can look at themselves! Well today she decided that she was going to kiss the "baby".

Well that didn't work out very well, she bumped her lip and yelled "no!no!" at the "baby" in the mirror. But she was back to her happy self in no time!


Bath time is a fun time in my little family! I love giving Allie Kate baths and watch her play and have fun. I got her to lean back on my hands and float today and she LOVED it...she laughed the whole time :) That is what I live for...seeing that sweet little smile and little dimple in her cheek and hear that sweet laugh! 

I remember Allie Kates 1st bath at home. My mom came and bathed her because I didn't have the slightest clue what to do. She cried of course and I did too...my mom just laughed at me! 

Allie Kate finally went down for her nap at around 2pm (she usually takes her 1st nap around 10am).
I had to sneak a pic in she looked so sweet laying there :)
She only slept an hour and a half! And that got me to thinking about her little life and how her sleep patterns have been...she used to sleep ALL THE TIME!!! I remember trying to wake her up and she would just lay there!

In the hospital only 1 day old

When we got to take our sweet angel home!
A few days old
She even slept through her first Alabama game (about a week old) Bama vs. LSU
Look at those little cheeks:) Or should I say big cheeks :)

She even slept when she met santa for the first time!

This was new yrs eve and I could not get her to sleep any other way :)
She is so much fun right now but I do miss her being this little

I miss these sweet times!
Perfect little face

Heath got off work a little early today and once Allie Kate woke up from her mini-nap we went to wal mart.

I forgot my seat cover today and felt like the worst mom ever :( But I wiped down the buggy with those sani wipes they have :)
I don't know about other 1yr olds but mine sure does not care that I need her to smile for a picture ha! She will hardly even look at me long enough for me to snap the picture! She's just too busy for all that!

So I have to resort to holding some random item above the camera-which makes her pretty mad if it is something she wants!

This is a sweet sweet girl right here!

Of course when we got home from wal-mart we played around outside...we were grilling anyways.

She thinks she something sitting in the big girl chair :)


I had to take a picture because I rarely cook! I don't know why...I'm a good cook! We had mac and cheese, grilled chicken wrappen in bacon (me and heath came to the conclusion that it was the best that we have ever made), green bean casserole and crescent rolls (my fav). It was good! Than me and Allie kate got in the tub and next is bedtime!!!!

Maybe Allie Kate will sleep tonight as hard as she was in this picture!! But I won't get my hopes up we are supposed to have bad weather!
Goodnight♥


No comments:

Post a Comment