Monday, May 6, 2013

Beach babies


I decided to take the plunge and take both girls to the beach by myself...well not by myself other people went too but I was their sole caregiver while we were there :) the drive down was much better than I expected or hoped for we only stopped twice and both girls were pretty good! Ava got upset once or twice but only fussed for a minute...Allie on the other hand was so excited to be going to the beach she would not go to sleep! I even gave her Benadryl and she STILL wouldn't go to sleep! (And just for the record she has allergies/a cold right now I wasn't just giving it to her for the heck of it) she was pretty good too though :)


Someone got into the oreos :) I think you can see how tired she was :)


We stopped to eat at Mcdonalds in Niceville because it's really cool...it's jungle themed and we love it :)




this is before the lady came by asking if the naked little boy in the play place was ours and Allie freaked out and refused to play anymore! Thank you weird little naked boy for ruining her play time and my moment to breathe!!!




Silly girl!

Getting your luggage out of the car and into your room is really hard with a baby on your hip and one running around like a crazy lady :) luckily we had an elevator to get it and us up to the 3rd floor or we would have just had to go naked (scary thought, I know!) After we got all of our stuff in we went to Panera bread to eat with 4 tired babies!






Crazy lady with brownie around her mouth! She looks like the joker!





After all that drama getting bags in and eating out we went back to the house for a well deserved bath :)



And notice I said we...I was of course in there too (not naked of course) and let me tell you 5 girls in a bath tub is complicated!

Both girls slept good while we were down there, which I was very thankful for :) I just laid Ava Grace down in her pack and play and then I laid down in the bed with Allie Kate until she fell asleep and then got back up to pump...pumping is for the birds!

I sure wish the weather would have been nicer for our first beach trip of the summer. It was cool, breezy and over cast or raining the whole time we were there :( But we still ventured to the beach....once! It was extremely hard trying to get 4 babies and all our junk down on the beach (totally not worth it! I'm pretty sure that's why husbands were invented!) 


pure mess is what she is!

My sweet Ava's first beach trip! And she didn't even put on a bikini! (is that illegal or something?)


She sat in the tent because it was so cold! 

Sweet brynn
they played in the sand but were both freezing and had runny noses from the cool wind :(

We went back to the house for warm baths a nap and I laid Ava Grace down to change her diaper in the middle of our bed and she went to sleep and I didn't want to wake her up by moving her...but Allie Kate had to lay down for a nap too so we had to improvise


sweet girl

Ava in her king sized bed all to herself!

Me and Allie Kate laid on these twin beds in our room :) (I was supposed to be in the top bed)



We tried to get in the pool one day we were there but even though it was heated it was too cold :( The girls were not happy!






Silly cousins at breakfast :) Allie Kate was kind of mean the whole time to Brynnen which drove me nuts! She kept pulling on her and just would not leave her alone (I literally cried in bed one night because she was so bad that day being mean to Brynnen) and we had this conversation:

Me: you have got to be sweeter to your cousin Allie Kate, it makes me sad and Jesus sad when you act ugly
Allie: aw poor little Jesus I bet his heart hurts
Me: yes, so be nice and it will make him happy! And we can play and be sweet and not get in trouble!
Allie: momma what if Ariel's daddy was my daddy and he was a mermaid and I swam in the ocean like a mermaid, that would be cool :) I love to swim

Oh the mind of a 3 year old!



Since our beach attempt and pool attempts failed we decided to take the girls out to eat and to the Disney store and let them pick out a prize (and lets just face it Me and Candace LOVE the Disney store too:)...and surprise surprise Allie Kate picked high heel flip flops for her prize...yes out of all the pretty princess dresses she wanted shoes!! I even offered to get her a dress too but she was so excited about the shoes and putting them on that she was rushing me to the counter to check out so she could wear them...I guess I shouldn't complain about that!







Allie Kate LOVES to be around people and was so excited that other people came to the beach too (the Tittles) and would not leave the dad alone! She even got him to do tricks :)



Sweet naked baby!

The way home was kind of crazy! Ava Grace cried A LOT! I stopped on the side of the road no joke 6 times and she was MAD! But she finally went to sleep and it worked out ok....and look who actually fell asleep!
But don't worry not until we were only 20 minutes away from home :)

And this girl was SO glad to be home and out of her car seat!
Don't tell her but we will be making this trip again in about 3 weeks....shhhh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment