Sunday, June 5, 2016

starting summer...

It's SUMMER!!! I LOVE summer and having all my babies home with me and not having to wake up and rush out the door! We started off the summer with a short beach trip to Destin!!! Mason's first beach trip! 
We stopped at steak and shake on the way down 











Ava and Mary Lindsey


We went out to dinner twice to the crab trap and then to a Mexican restaurant. The crab trap was rough...I thought Hudson was going to be banned from ever coming back...he didn't have a nap and after a long day on the beach and waiting to be seated for an hour he was DONE! 

How we felt about no naps and waiting an hour to eat! 
This boy is always all smiles :-)

These little besties were so happy to be there together! They love each other so much and I'm so thankful they will always have each other :-)


Jake had friends down with him and the girls were in heaven with all the big girls around...and so were we because they would play with them :) win win! I didn't get many pictures on this trip...I didn't have a spare hand!
This beach trip was a bit challenging. With 4 kids it really isn't an easy going relaxing vacation...AT ALL! I am so thankful for my kids but it is what it is...we are outnumbered and their ages right now make it a little difficult to do certain things. Allie Kate LOVED the water this year and refused to wear a puddle jumper (she can swim above water but still refuses to go underwater at all) and I had to stay on her not to get out in the ocean without an adult. Ava had to be held in the ocean and so did Hudson and then Mason was in a bouncy seat under the umbrella and he couldn't just be left there alone. And then there's the actual getting to the beach part...with chairs, a cooler, umbrella, beach toys, towels, beach bag, and all 4 kids.  While I was getting the kids sunscreen and bathing suits on in the room Heath would carry everything over and set it up and then come back and help me get the kids back over to the beach. We only went to the beach two days and stayed at the pool at the house the others. It was a fun but short trip BUT we are going back for a full week in July! And I can't wait! :) 
I wouldn't trade this time with my little family for anything! Yes, it may be hard, and I may be tired and crazy but this is the good stuff :)

When we got home we hadn't seen our cousins in a while so we had to have a play date!
Hudson was so happy to see "Minnie" as he calls her now :-) 
All 8 of them were so good and they always blow my mind how good they all play and get along! Love these little Vaughn babies!

Me and Allie Kate made a summer check list right when school got out and on my list I had "play in the rain" and yesterday was the perfect time to check it off :) It was raining steadily but no thunder or lightening...just a beautiful summer rain :) So we played in the rain and then once dinner was ready the kids wanted to eat in their playhouse in the rain...so they did :) Yep...they ate dinner outside in their playhouse...in the rain...in their jammies from the night before! YEP...we stayed in our jammies ALLLLLL day long and it was glorious! We have been so busy the lately and we wanted to CHILL!




Little boo didn't play in the rain but he stayed out on the back deck and smiled :)

No comments:

Post a Comment